Spaghetti Squash Hash Browns (AIP - SCD - Vegan - Paleo)

Now since I'm following more of an SCD/AIP diet (which has made me feel 100x better btw), potatoes are totally out of the question. The problem is...sweet potatoes made up like, 60% of my diet when I was AIP (the other 40% was plantains), and switching to more SCD based left me confused to say the least. So, I quickly started looking for my starch replacements, and started to realize that spaghetti squash was a great alternative for many of the old recipes I use to make (still seeking out fries that aren't from butternut squash or parsnips, so if you know of any, hit me up).

Anyways, these Spaghetti Squash Hash Browns are not only crazy delicious, but require extremely minimal ingredients! I seriously can't wait for you to try these, so, let's get started!


-1 Spaghetti Squash

-Himalayan Pink Salt

-Avocado Oil (or leftover bacon grease *my favorite!)


Step #1: Preheat your oven to 425 f. Lay parchment paper on a baking sheet.

Step #2: Cut spaghetti squash in half and lay face down on parchment paper covered baking sheet. Place in oven and set timer for around 1 hour.

Step #3: Once spaghetti squash shell begins to brown, remove from oven and flip over. Scrape out seeds and throw away. Scrape out remaining contents and lay on plate to cool.

Step #4: Once the squash has cooled, with your hands or a cheese cloth, squeeze out the water from hand fulls of squash until all the squash is thoroughly drained *each handful of squash should be around 1/4 it's original size once draining sufficient amount of water.

Step #5: Cover the bottom of a skillet with avocado oil or bacon grease and heat on medium/high. In the meantime, shape your squash into patties as shown in picture. Once oil has heated, add patties to skillet.

Step #6: Cover with Himalayan Pink Salt and whatever other spices you would like. Once squash has had time to brown on one side (usually 3-5 minutes), flip and fry to desired crispiness on the other side.

Step #7: Remove from pan and set on napkins to absorb excess oil.

Step #8: Pair with whatever you would like, and enjoy! *my favorite thing to combine with is an avocado, mango, and tangerines.

Don't forget to subscribe to my emailing list, follow me on Instagram @freelymadi,Youtube (freelymadi), and let me know what you think on one of my platforms! I'm always looking for new ideas, so if you have a recipe you'd like revamped, let me know! Thanks for the support!

*Disclaimer: This post contains Amazon affiliate links in which I will receive a small percentage if you purchase from them at no additional cost to you. However, these are all products that I know and love, and I will never recommend something that I would or do not use myself. Thank you for helping me continue to build my blog!*

#paleo #aip #autoimmunepaleo #glutenfree #dairyfree #eggfree #allergyfriendly #autoimmunedisease #crohns #crohnsdisease #ibd #ibs #colitis #ulcerativecolitis #healing #healinggut #healthygut #leakygut #healthfood #healthblog #lifestyle #primal #primaleating #healthyrecipes #healthfoodblog #scddiet #scd


©2019 by Freely Madi. Proudly created with